What does he/she do?
He accepts incoming calls or calls people himself.
Those who receive incoming calls advise on the product, help solve problems, and place orders. They need knowledge about the product and the company and access to the CRM system and https://telegram-store.com/catalog/product-category/channels/work- for example, to find out about delivery dates for the client. Such operators can work according to scripts – ready-made algorithms of dialogs with the client. But the main thing for them is to help the client, not to work off the script.
Operators on outgoing calls are more often involved in sales or surveys: for example, to find out whether customers like the product and service. They work more often on scripts, and the main thing for them is to make as many successful calls as possible.
How much do they pay?
According to the Zarplan service, the average salary of a call center operator is about 45 thousand rubles. The median salary is 39 thousand roubles.
How is the work arranged?
Remote call center operators usually work in shifts. You can choose them yourself – for example, to work three hours a day in the morning. Most often it is a standard working day (or night). During the shift, you need to be at your computer all the time and take calls or call people in a special program.
What are the prospects?
You can become a senior shift operator: create scripts, set the tone of voice, prepare reports. The salary of a senior operator can reach 60 thousand.
Work as an operator also allows you to acquire skills for other professions. For example, you can learn how to sell and become a sales manager. A good manager can easily earn 100 thousand and more.
What do I need to get started?
To work remotely on calls, a headset is necessary: headphones and a microphone, preferably with noise cancellation. Be sure to be quiet at home – this is a requirement of many employers.
Well-established speech, communication skills and stress resistance are also desirable: without them it will be difficult. Learn how to sell, resolve conflicts and build trusting relationships with clients on the course “The Art of Communication” from Skillbox.
Where to look for work?
There are many vacancies on aggregators. For example, HeadHunter has more than 2,700 offers from employers.
“Growing up in a call center is a reality. The best operators, gaining experience, learning, taking initiative, become mentors, group and department heads. Also, working in a contact center is a good start for a career in other areas.
As a newcomer, you learn a lot of useful skills, how to communicate and help, how to manage yourself and others, how to navigate the industry and its processes, and how to learn to negotiate. The ability to negotiate and find solutions often paves the way for young guys to become executives.
If I were to give advice to myself in the past as an aspiring operator, I would say:
- Be patient and always keep a goal in front of you.
- Seek out and get training in emotion management. Everything can be found online for free.
- Learn to speak clearly, structurally and intelligently. This will come in handy for you later on! It’s an art to speak your mind correctly and clearly. Not just saying it, but being heard is the height of skill.
- If you work from home, make sure you have a good computer, a fast Internet connection, a professional headset and a comfortable chair. It’s your workplace – it will have a big impact not only on the quality of your work, but also on yourself.
- Socialize with your colleagues, don’t shut yourself away. This is very important. Issues and emotions shared with like-minded people are much easier to handle. An operator works with people, and he is a human being himself. If he doesn’t have energy or energy, or if he’s sick, he can’t take care of his clients. He just won’t have anywhere to take it from.
- Drink water if you have to talk a lot.